Jennifer Keiper is Director of CollegeBuys at the Foundation for California Community Colleges. In this role, she skillfully oversees CollegeBuys’ operations by sustaining core business lines, diversifying commodity-based procurement opportunities, improving departmental efficiencies, and leading the department’s compliance efforts. Keiper and her team ensure that the needs of the purchasing and facilities departments across 73 community college districts are reflected in piggybackable agreements. Simultaneously, she collaborates with corporate and intersegmental partners to increase access and cost-savings for students, colleges, and the system as a whole.
- Supports the execution of mutually beneficial procurement agreements, which have led to more than $300 million in cost savings for the system
- Leads the systemwide Procurement Advisory Committee and the Facilities Workgroup
- Assisted with the development of systemwide best practice guides such as the CCC District Purchasing Manual and the CCC District Facilities Procurement Handbook
- Collaborated to restructure the Foundation's employee-led committees and management team meetings
Prior to advancing to her current position, Keiper held several positions within both the Foundation’s CollegeBuys and Legal Departments, including:
- Manager, CollegeBuys and Special Projects
- Contracts and Corporate Relationships Specialist and Senior Specialist
- Legal and Contracts Associate
- Law Clerk I and Law Clerk II
Additionally, Keiper previously served as the Contracts Officer for UC Davis Health where she was responsible for negotiating business contracts for UC Davis Medical Center, School of Medicine, and School of Nursing.
Keiper earned her bachelor of arts in political science from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and her juris doctorate in public interest from UC Davis School of Law. She is licensed to practice law in the state of California.