Jorge J.C. Sales is the Vice President of Program Development at the Foundation for California Community Colleges and is a member of its Executive Team. Sales leads the organization’s programs’ integration efforts which are aimed at weaving student-centered programs to create more robust student support programming systemwide. Sales also serves as the system’s lead strategic sourcing officer leading CollegeBuys, the system’s group purchasing organization. To accomplish these responsibilities, Sales collaborates with various decision-makers and stakeholders in the CCC system; and private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
Sales possesses vast CCC program expertise having historically overseen the Foundation’s International Programs, Student Mental Health Initiative, Climate and Environmental Sustainability, Student Equity, Veterans, Nursing Placements, and Facilities Operations. Most recently, he directed the system’s Digital Literacy and Transformation hub, and CollegeBuys – the system’s group purchasing organization – both serving strategically important roles in protecting the system’s supply chain during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Led CollegeBuys to deliver $500M in cost savings, empowering colleges to reinvest back into classrooms.
- Guides strategic direction of CollegeBuys, CCC involvement in the California Higher Education Collaboration (CHEC), corporate relations and cultivation, and professional development for procurement professionals.
- Guides the organization’s digital literacy and transformation objectives in alignment with system priorities; ensuring digital access and equity, infrastructure, learning, support resources, and preparation for the digital economy are included in planning considerations.
- Champions the organization’s program integration opportunities in the student digital journey, and climate & environmental sustainability.
- Coalesces the organization’s legislative, policy priorities, and recommendations to support expansion of student success centered programming across the state.
- Fosters institutional effectiveness and efficiency through shared interpretation and unified application of legal statutes statewide.
Sales has over 15 years of experience in California’s government and nonprofit sectors, having worked with then-Attorney General Edmund G. Brown as Deputy Press Officer; Regional Director for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s reelection campaign; and a Policy Fellow for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. He is an alumnus of the University of Southern California and the University of Paris, Pantheon-Assas II (La Sorbonne).