The Outreach Ambassador Program represents a dynamic opportunity to advance statewide environmental equity efforts while gaining professional experience in outreach and community engagement. With direction from staff, the Outreach Ambassador(s) will help educate students, faculty and the surrounding community about California Climate Investments programs that benefit local households, neighborhoods and the environment.
Ambassadors will begin the program the week of Monday, August 26; please submit your application as soon as possible.
About the Role
The Outreach Ambassador(s) will implement a minimum of 5 activities (combination of on-campus and off-campus) like tabling and/or presentations with an average attendance of 20 people per activity.
- Complete scheduled orientation via webinar within first week of beginning service.
- Understand how CCI programs benefit their community and stay informed of available opportunities.
- With support from staff, develop a plan for targeted activities throughout the semester.
- Educate college students, faculty and staff, and surrounding communities about the value and availability of CCI funding opportunities.
- Agree to the Volunteer Agreement and Release form if selected.
Benefits of Service
- Outreach Ambassador will receive a $500 gift card for their service upon successful completion of the program
- Peer-to-peer coordination and collaboration with fellow ambassadors
- Networking, professional development and experiential learning opportunities
- Certificate of Service through the Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Past ambassadors have served approximately 3-5 hours per week
- May include activities on evening(s) and weekend(s)
- Bi-weekly meetings with staff
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled at a California Community College
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be self-motivated, work cooperatively in group situations, and actively resolve conflicts
- Be comfortable with written communication and presentation skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to work independently to complete multiple tasks
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Bilingual in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Vietnamese preferred but not required
The Foundation for California Community Colleges, the official non-profit supporting the California Community College system, has partnered with the California Air Resources Board to conduct outreach to disadvantaged communities across the state to raise awareness about environmental funding opportunities through California Climate Investments (CCI).
California Climate Investments is a statewide initiative that puts billions of Cap-and-Trade dollars to work reducing greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening the economy, and improving public health and the environment. These investments support programs and projects in communities throughout California, specifically focusing on disadvantaged communities and low-income residents. Projects include affordable housing, renewable energy, public transportation, zero-emission vehicles, environmental restoration, sustainable agriculture, recycling and much more.
Find more information http://www.caclimateinvestments.ca.gov/