Child Care Providers United (CCPU) is pleased to have secured critical funding to help stabilize family child care providers in California. CCPU’s work ensures all children and families in California have access to quality affordable child care that meets their needs and that all providers are respected and have a quality job, living wage, benefits, and training opportunities.
Am I eligible?
Eligibility for monthly payments during the Fiscal Year 2023 from July 2022 - December 2022 is based on meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Licensed family child care home providers who have cared for at least one child receiving state-subsidized child care for three months between September 2021 and February 2022. Family child care home providers must have an active license to be eligible.
- Family, friend, and neighbor (i.e., license-exempt) providers who have cared for at least one child receiving state-subsidized child care for the months of December 2021, January 2022, and February 2022.
Eligibility for remaining monthly payments for January 2023 - June 2023 will be determined closer to December 2022.
How much will I receive?
Monthly payments for July 2022 - December 2022 will be issued in the following amounts:
- Small licensed family child care provider: $750
- Large licensed family child care provider: $900
- License-exempt child care provider: $125
How do I find out if I am eligible to receive a payment?
Eligible providers with email addresses will be sent an email with a personalized link after August 2 with instructions about how to receive payment.
I received an email about the supplemental rate payment. How do I receive my payment?
Follow the instructions in the email to verify your contact information, preferred method of payment (check or direct deposit), and relevant information to complete a W-9. The information provided will auto-populate your W-9, and you will not need to upload or submit your W-9 separately. Complete information must be provided in order to receive monthly payments for Fiscal Year 2023.
If I am eligible, when will I receive a payment?
Providers eligible for monthly payments from July 2022 - December 2022 and who have submitted their W9 form can expect to receive monthly payments per the Supplemental Rate Monthly Payment Schedule.
I have not received notification about the payment but believe I am eligible. Who can look into this for me?
If you believe you are eligible for the FY23 monthly supplemental rate payments based on the eligibility description but did not receive the email with a personalized link: you may not be eligible, or we may not have a valid email address on file. You may complete this eligibility review form to inquire if you are eligible. Please allow up to 30 business days to respond to your inquiry.
Still have questions?