California's official source for college and career planning, CaliforniaColleges.edu, is a one-stop informational resource for students considering their postsecondary options.
Students can create accounts on the platform, where they can complete college and career planning activities appropriate for their grade level that will guide them, step-by-step, through the development of an informed postsecondary plan. As students progress through the platform’s curriculum, they can save favorite careers, colleges, and majors to their account and store documents like letters of recommendation, resumés, commendations or awards.
Tools on the platform allow students to:
- Explore potential careers
- Search for colleges
- Create a college financing plan
- Log community service, work, and extracurricular experiences
- Launch and track applications to both the California State University and California Community Colleges, as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
Student progress is saved and easily accessible via their digital portfolio called My Plan.
Tools on this site allow educators to:
- Review individual students' activities and plans
- Manage student accounts
- Report on students' activities in the aggregate
- Send messages and assign tasks for individual or groups of students
Order promotional materials here >