The goal of the California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment (CCCSE) Osher Scholarship Program is to support students with financial need who have demonstrated success and commitment in their coursework.
Students, here is what you should know about the CCCSE Osher Scholarship Program
Check with your financial aid office or scholarship office for information about the CCCSE Osher Scholarship selection process on your campus. The following general guidelines will help you determine eligibility for a CCCSE Osher Scholarship. Keep in mind that requirements and deadlines will ultimately depend on which California Community College you are attending.
Eligibility and Selection of Osher Scholars
To be considered for a CCCSE Osher Scholarship, you must complete the application process at your college campus. Students who demonstrate financial need will receive top priority for scholarships. Criteria may differ between college campuses, but general requirements include that you:
- Have completed 24 or more “degree applicable” semester units (or the equivalent) at the time you receive your distribution. Transfer units from another college may be included in this determination as long as they have been determined to meet your college’s requirements for degree applicable coursework.
- Are enrolled at least half time (6 or more units) during all terms in which your award remains active. If you are a student who requires a reduced course load that defines your half time as fewer than six units, you are still eligible.
- Are a California College Promise Grant recipient.
In addition, the following requirements are necessary for an Osher Scholar to remain eligible:
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at all times, according to your college’s policy.
- Maintain at least half time enrollment status (6 units or more) to qualify for initial and all subsequent payments. If you are a student who requires a reduced course load that defines your half time as fewer than six units, you are still eligible.
While you must maintain SAP to be eligible, academic performance, such as grades or test scores, is not a selection criteria itself.
Award Amounts and Scholarship Renewals
Osher Scholars can receive up to $600 per semester for a total of $1,200 per year. Scholarships may be renewed in subsequent terms for eligible students as long as you continue to meet all of the required criteria. Awards are renewable up to three times the annual award (currently $3,600). Verify details on scholarship renewals with your college.
Scholarship Awards Timeline
Most colleges distribute funding prior to the start of each term, but scholarship deadlines and award periods are different for each college. Check with your financial aid office or scholarship office to learn about dates and deadlines on your campus.
Other Scholarships Opportunities
For additional information on scholarship opportunities and other forms of financial aid available for California Community College students, visit your financial aid office, scholarship office, or www.icanaffordcollege.com.