Wildfire Relief Fund: Information for Colleges
The California Community Colleges Wildfire Relief Fund is intended to help affected community college students and staff recover from the 2021 California wildfires.
Who can receive funds?
California Community Colleges in regions impacted by the wildfires are eligible to apply to receive funds. Current eligible colleges include:
- Butte College
- College of the Siskiyous
- Columbia College
- Feather River College
- Lake Tahoe Community College
- Lassen Community College
- Sierra College
We know that disaster relief is an evolving situation. If your college is not on this list, and you feel it should be, please contact us at email@example.com.
How can the funds be used?
Funds can be used to help fire-affected students meet emergency needs. Staff who have experienced loss may also be eligible to receive relief funds.
- Colleges can request up to $10,000 during this round of funding.
- A minimum of 50% of funds will be used to support students. Additional funds may go to support staff affected by the fires.
- A maximum of $1,000 may be distributed to any individual (student or staff).
- A maximum of 5% of the award may be used for administrative costs.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are expended.
- Funds must be disbursed to affected individuals within 90 days of receipt of funds.
How to apply
California Community Colleges can access the Wildfire Relief Fund application through FoundationCCC’s online portal here. Additional instructions and guidelines are included in the application. If you have questions about the application or the Wildfire Relief Fund, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students and staff affected by wildfires should check with their own college’s foundation or financial aid office for information on available aid.