The work of the Foundation for California Community Colleges, at its core, is
about improving education in California. Providing services as a fiscal sponsor to
mission-aligned programs assists the Foundation in its aim to be an
integral partner in the success of the K-16 system in California through
partnership, collaboration, and by developing and providing resources
promoting that success.
The Foundation for California Community Colleges will consider providing fiscal sponsorship services based on the following guidelines:
- Education is the program's focus, and its mission or goals are aligned with those of the Chancellor's Office or Foundation.
- Program activities align with one or more of the goals outlined in the Vision for Success and/or the California Guided Pathways pillars.
- Program is typically operated by or in partnership with, or to effect change within, the Chancellor's Office, a district, a college, a local education agency, or K-12 schools.
- There is a potential for replication and/or statewide impact.
- A group of three or more volunteers and/or experts in the program’s field provides program leadership.
- Risk and liability to the Foundation can be reasonably managed.
- Program is unincorporated or prepared to unwind corporation status.
- Funding is or is expected to total at least $30,000 within the first 18 months of fiscal sponsorship and the project assumes responsibility for fundraising.
- The Foundation receives an administrative fee to cover its direct and indirect expenses.