Fresh Success Providers
Employment and Training services are offered through Fresh Success Providers, in partnership with the Foundation and the local county welfare department. Current Providers include:
- Gavilan College, Santa Clara County and San Benito County
- Cosumnes River College, Sacramento County
- Opportunity Junction, Contra Costa County
- Rubicon Programs, Contra Costa County
- Southwestern College, San Diego County
Santa Clara County and San Benito County
Gavilan College’s Fresh Success program launched in Summer 2016 and focuses on students who are:
- Attending specific classes (including GED, ESL, career technical education, and adult basic education);
- Santa Clara County or San Benito County residents; and
- A member of a group prioritized in the Gavilan College Student Equity Plan, including Latinos, low-income students, and emancipated foster youth.
The program also serves students timed out of TANF (Temporary Cash Assistance for Needy Families), known in California as CalWORKs.
Gavilan College’s Fresh Success services include case management, orientation to the college and the Fresh Success program, academic and career counseling, development of an Educational Plan, and a series of group workshops exclusively for Fresh Success students, as well as participant reimbursements to support transportation, textbooks, class supplies, and other ancillary costs.
For more information about Gavlian College Fresh Success, please contact:
CalWORKSs/Fresh Success Program Specialist