Iris Aguilar is the Executive Director of Equity and Community Impact at FoundationCCC.
Iris excels in driving equity, climate action, and student support initiatives. As a transformational leader with over 19 years of service to the California Community Colleges, Iris has launched statewide equity programs that empower students and communities through holistic support. She co-led the California Community Colleges Dreamers Project, which laid the groundwork for increasing support to undocumented students across all community colleges. In addition, she’s developed statewide community outreach programs, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Belonging strategies, climate equity initiatives, and professional development tools for colleges and students.
Through her collaborative efforts with community based organizations as well as state and local government agencies, Iris has successfully forged partnerships that maximize resources for communities that have been historically underrepresented and underserved by creating meaningful opportunities to center their voices and stories.
- Co-led the California Community Colleges Dreamers Project, a collaborative, systemwide project that has resulted in colleges building more responsive and intentional support for undocumented community college students.
- Launched community outreach programs that have supported over one million students and community members with critical resources including basic needs, state benefit programs, and more.
- Led the statewide expansion of the Student Ambassador Program which trains students to become advocates on and off campus, connecting their peers to critical resources that help them thrive in their academic and professional journeys.
Iris began her career at FoundationCCC as a Student Assistant in 2004 and rose through the organization in various domains, so she knows the power of education first-hand, and is passionate about making sure others have the same opportunities. For this reason, she now champions programs that inspire students to realize their power as leaders and lift their voices to create more just, vibrant, and equitable communities.
Iris earned her B.A. in Chicano/Latino studies, Native American studies, and Spanish from the University of California, Davis.
Areas of Expertise
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Holistic Student Support
- DEI and Belonging Strategies
- Strategic Leadership and Planning
- Resource Development
- Team and Employee Development