Beth Kay is the Director of Professional Development in the Success Center at FoundationCCC.
- As the director of professional learning in the Success Center since 2016, Beth has transformed the Professional Learning Network website into a statewide learning management system, the Vision Resource Center. Through this platform, unique content, communities, and events are available to all 130,000 California community college employees.
- In 2018, Beth led the design and implementation of the Governor’s Innovation Awards in Higher Education.
Beth joined FoundationCCC in 2014 and helped build the Workforce Development Services Team. During her tenure, she launched the Sacramento region’s collective impact work, and the statewide apprenticeship initiative, California Apprenticeship Initiative (CAI). Beth spent the previous 20 years starting and redesigning public high schools and nonprofits. Beth is a former Peace Corps Volunteer who served in Benin, West Africa. She taught physics and chemistry in the French Baccalaureate system.
Beth earned her B.A. in biology from the University of Chicago and her MEd in teaching and learning from Harvard University.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategy and Innovation in Public Education
- Ideation and Program Implementation
- Systems Thinking and Data Visualization
- Coaching, Team Building, and Development