The work of FoundationCCC, at its core, is about improving education in California. Providing services as a fiscal sponsor to mission-aligned programs assists FoundationCCC in its aim to be an integral partner in the success of the K-16 system in California through partnership, collaboration, and by developing and providing resources promoting that success.
FoundationCCC will consider providing fiscal sponsorship services based on the following guidelines:
- Education is the program’s focus, and its mission or goals are aligned with those of the Chancellor’s Office or FoundationCCC.
- Program activities align with one or more of the goals outlined in the Vision for Success and/or the California Guided Pathways pillars.
- Program is typically operated by or in partnership with, or to effect change within, the Chancellor’s Office, a district, a college, a local education agency, or K-12 schools.
- There is a potential for replication and/or statewide impact.
- A group of three or more volunteers and/or experts in the program’s field provides program leadership.
- Risk and liability to the Foundation can be reasonably managed.
- *Program is unincorporated or prepared to unwind corporate status.
- Funding is or is expected to total at least $30,000 within the first 18 months of fiscal sponsorship and the project assumes responsibility for fundraising.
- FoundationCCC receives an administrative fee to cover its direct and indirect expenses.