The Systemwide Technology Access Collaborative (STAC) is a systemwide collaborative between the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office, the Foundation for California Community Colleges' CollegeBuys program, and the California Virtual Campus initiative to centralize the ordering of online teaching, learning and student support tools. STAC makes it easier for colleges and districts to get the resources they need while also creating cost savings for the system through economies of scale.
The purchasing window for academic year 21-22 services, supported 103 community colleges benefitting over 680,000 students. Collectively STAC realized over $14.6 million in cost savings for the California Community Colleges.
The goals of the STAC program are to achieve:
- Efficiency by centralizing procurement of essential online education tools
- Cost savings through the system's combined spending potential to create economies of scale
- Institutional parity in pricing and service delivery regardless of purchasing volume or institutional size
- Accountability in vetting and approval of supplier partners by system partners
- Compliance with state law in acquiring products and services.