Andrea Meyer, JD, is the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of FoundationCCC, where she oversees the nonprofit’s legal functions and corporate governance matters.
In this capacity, she leads the legal and contracts team, manages relationships with outside legal counsel, and provides expert guidance on general risk management, compliance, and legal liability. Her approach, which emphasizes finding ways to say “yes,” has helped accelerate innovation on a large scale at FoundationCCC.
Meyer previously served as FoundationCCC’s Staff Attorney and Contracts Manager. In both roles, her problem-solving skills and legal expertise has helped both FoundationCCC and the California Community College Chancellor’s Office to expedite the handling of complex issues. Meyer serves as a business development partner in all facets of the organization through skillful risk analysis, contract development and negotiation, and compliance.
- Co-authored “Upgrading Your Traditional, Paper-centric Records Program to Be More Modern, Compliant, and Useful,” published in the Association of Corporate Counsel – Docket Magazine
- Serves as a business development partner in all facets of the organization through skillful risk analysis, contract development and negotiation, and compliance
- Expertly guides FoundationCCC’s President and CEO and Board Chair in board member engagement
Meyer earned her bachelor of arts in psychology and Latin from the University of California, Davis and graduated from the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law, specializing in taxation. She was admitted to the California bar in 2010. Meyer speaks nationally at legal conferences and serves as a mentor to law students in the McGeorge Mentor Program.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate and nonprofit governance
- Risk management
- Federal and state compliance