Barbara Webster-Hawkins is the Executive Director of Resource Development at FoundationCCC.
In her role, Barbara propels mission success through innovation, strategic oversight, and partnerships with philanthropic organizations. A grants expert, she stimulates FoundationCCC’s growth and leads its fiscal sponsorship services, enabling collaboration with organizations and programs sharing FoundationCCC’s values.
- Has overseen the contribution of $37 million from over 100 varied funders during her tenure; managed a 72% increase in FoundationCCC’s annual budget, boosting resources to support the California Community Colleges system.
- Collaborates with top philanthropies like the Gates Foundation and Lumina Foundation to secure funding for projects aimed at improving equity in education, enhancing student support systems, expanding work-based learning, and improving resource access in underserved communities.
Barbara, with over 30 years in grantmaking and community services, oversees FoundationCCC teams to guide resource development and grantmaking. Joining the organization in 2014, she became Executive Director in 2018. Previously, she led major grantmaking at The California Endowment and managed significant grants at the California Health Facilities Financing Authority. She’s also a passionate advocate for foster care adoptions and improving child welfare.
Areas of Expertise
- Philanthropic Grantmaking and Grant Development
- Nonprofit Organization Capacity Building
- Strategic and Program Planning and Facilitation