Jorge J.C. Sales leads FoundationCCC’s program development and integration efforts, and is the primary strategic sourcing officer overseeing the CollegeBuys purchasing organization.
Sales leads the organization’s efforts to better integrate all student-centered programs and create a stronger support network and cost savings for students. He does this through his role as the lead for CollegeBuys, the system’s group purchasing organization, where he provides strategic direction for the program and ensures alignment with the California Higher Education Collaboration (CHEC), corporate relations and cultivation, and professional development for procurement professionals.
Collaborating with various stakeholders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors, Sales is responsible for ensuring that FoundationCCC’s goals align with the California Community Colleges system’s needs. He brings a wealth of experience to this role, having previously overseen FoundationCCC’s International Programs, the Student Mental Health Initiative, Climate and Environmental Sustainability, Student Equity, Veterans Support, Nursing Placements, and Facilities Operations.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Sales played a crucial role in protecting the California Community Colleges supply chain by directing the system’s Digital Literacy and Transformation hub through CollegeBuys.
- Leading CollegeBuys to deliver $500M in cost savings, empowering colleges to reinvest back into classrooms
- Guiding the organization’s digital literacy and transformation objectives in alignment with system priorities; ensuring digital access and equity, infrastructure, learning, support resources, and preparation for the digital economy are included in planning considerations
- Championing the organization’s program integration opportunities in the student digital journey, and climate and environmental sustainability
- Aligning the organization’s legislative, policy priorities, and recommendations to support expansion of student success centered programming across the state
- Fostering institutional effectiveness and efficiency through shared interpretation and unified application of legal statutes statewide
Sales has over 15 years of experience in California’s government and nonprofit sectors, having worked with then-Attorney General Edmund G. Brown as Deputy Press Officer, as Regional Director for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s reelection campaign, and as a Policy Fellow for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. He is an alumnus of the University of Southern California and the University of Paris, Pantheon-Assas II (La Sorbonne).
Areas of Expertise
- Business development
- Program management
- Relationship management
- Business optimization
- Group purchasing
- Consensus and capacity building