Sandra Fried is the Vice President of the Success Center for California Community Colleges, housed within FoundationCCC.
As a distinguished policy thought leader, Fried has skillfully constructed the Success Center team to prioritize student success-driven initiatives aimed at boosting community college completion rates. Since 2014, the Success Center has worked collaboratively with the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office to implement large-scale, systemwide student success reforms. Aligned with the Vision for Success, these efforts involve policy and research development, systemwide professional growth and development, and special projects.
- Serving on the Chancellor’s executive team
- Establishing the Success Center’s policy shop, a key resource for research and best practices that support student-centered systems reform
- Facilitating the creation of the California Community College system’s Vision for Success: Strengthening the California Community Colleges to Meet California’s Needs strategic plan and securing philanthropic support for related reforms
- Evolving the system’s professional learning network into the Vision Resource Center information portal to support community college Vision for Success implementation
Previously, Fried served as the University of California’s Associate Director for Legislative Affairs in the State Capitol. She also previously served as the California State Assembly’s Chief Consultant, where she analyzed legislation, directed committee operations and hearings, and negotiated policy issues.
Fried earned her bachelor of arts in history and economics from the University of California, Davis and is a proud former student of the California Community Colleges.
Areas of Expertise
- Higher education policy and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Reform projects design