Finish Line Scholars – For Students
Scholarship and Emergency Financial Aid Overview
The goal of this scholarship and emergency financial aid program is to support students to ensure they stay on track with their education and complete a degree, certificate, or transfer to a four year college or university.
Check with your scholarship office or financial aid office for information about the Finish Line Scholars Program selection process at your college. The following general guidelines will help you determine eligibility for scholarships and emergency financial aid. Keep in mind that requirements and deadlines will ultimately depend on which college you are attending.
Eligibility and Selection
To be considered for a Finish Line Scholarship, you must apply at your college. Criteria may differ between colleges, but general requirements include that you:
- Receive a tuition fee waiver under the California College Promise Grant.
- Have a goal of completion of a certificate or degree program, or transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Take at least 12 units or maintain an alternate full-time equivalent status during all terms in which the scholarship is active.
- Make progress toward your goal as indicated by having completed approximately half of the credits required for your program and have a realistic plan to finish the remainder of your goal in under 2 academic years.
In addition, if you are pursuing a degree or transfer, you must also meet two of these
- Have completed a transfer level English course
- Have completed a transfer level math course
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Emergency financial aid eligibility criteria is more broad. Check with your college to see if you are eligible for emergency financial aid and the process to apply.
Most colleges distribute scholarship funding prior to the start of each term, but scholarship deadlines and award periods are different for each college. Emergency financial aid is typically awarded on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Check with your scholarship office to learn about dates and deadlines on your campus.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
For information on additional scholarship opportunities and other forms of financial aid available for California Community College students, visit icangotocollege.com.