Cole Forstedt is the Director of Equity at FoundationCCC, guiding strategies and staff to provide vital student support services and resources.
Programs that he oversees address student basic needs, uplift underserved communities, aiming for better outcomes, equity, and success in education and beyond. With wraparound efforts and a holistic approach, the goal is to close gaps and ensure universal opportunities for success.
- Directed the integration of the California Community Colleges LGBTQ+ Initiatives and Summit into the Equity department and under the FoundationCCC umbrella.
- Expanded the Student Ambassador Program with a total of 500 trained ambassadors — reaching over 1 million students between 2017 and 2023.
- Launched multiple new programs related to student basic needs and historically underrepresented communities, adding more opportunities for students to learn about resources available to them on a broader scale in a holistic approach.
In addition to his role at FoundationCCC, Cole is a part-time faculty member at California State University, Sacramento, teaching nonprofit management classes such as grant writing, budgeting, and volunteer management. Previously, he was Director of Community Engagement at United Way and held roles at PRO Youth and Families, Programs Manager and Communications and Outreach Manager. Cole has also served on several boards of directors for various organizations ranging from the arts, LGBTQ+ initiatives, and employment agencies.
Cole holds a M.S. from California State University, Sacramento in recreation administration, and a B.A. from California State University, Long Beach in recreation and leisure studies. A lifelong learner, Cole has also taken classes at Lake Tahoe Community College, Golden West College, and American River College.
Areas of Expertise
- Program Development and Management
- Project and Contract Management
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Student and Volunteer Engagement
- Strategic Planning and Budget Oversight